Monday, November 26, 2012

I'm on Easy Street

Bonnie Hunter is taking it easy on us.  That's the only explanation I can come up with for the fact that the first step on her Easy Street mystery quilt is four patches.  She must have figured that on the Friday after Thanksgiving we were still addled by too much turkey.

So we made four patches.  Admittedly, 192 four patches, which is no small potatoes, but still.

Without further ado, here are my Easy Street pieces:
And I have definitely warmed up to the grey.  Which is not to say that I'm not eager to cut into all that aqua fabric and get some color on the table!

Meanwhile, now that the four patches are done, I'm digging into another Carrie Nelson pattern and a fat quarter collection of French General.  Here's a fourth of the blocks:
Mega cute - and more grey!  The plan is to do 36 blocks and then a solid border of a navy print, but I may get on EQ and try to design a pieced border that would do it justice.  Any ideas?

3 comments:

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Love your four patches and the new quilt if gorgeous...love the fabric.

Anonymous said...

Your red and grey quilt is gorgeous! No idea on the border though so I'm no help there. Lovely 4-patches for the mystery too.

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

I love seeing what everyone has pulled out for the background and their choice for constant! Thank you for sharing yours, Sharyn