Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Not much progress on the cheddar challenge

Ah, bow ties.  When last we spoke of such things back in August, I had posted a photo showing these:
 I made more, but became sidetracked with finishing mystery quilts, making Christmas gifts, and playing with new goodies.  When the new Quiltville mystery was announced, I scurried around my sewing room neatly boxing my projects so the pieces wouldn't get lost.  So Cheddar Bow Ties got its own labeled box, with an EQ visualization of the finished quilt:
Inside of which were the cheddar fabric, the proposed backing fabric, the navy and cheddar binding fabric, my finished blocks and blocks-in-progress, and cut squares for the rest:
Here are baggies of completed blocks and blocks waitin' to be a-bornin':
Cut squares for other blocks:
And finally my completed blocks, all 170 of them neatly pinned into stacks of 10:
I am loath to unpin the stacks and show all of them simply because it's a lot of work!  But, you get the idea.  All the centers are Civil War repro, mostly from Barbara Brackman's lovely collections. The solid cheddar is a Moda solid, and is a new favorite of mine.  Now that the mystery is mostly done and I've caught up on other projects (which doesn't immunize me from starting more!) I need to get a-bowing.  I only have 392 more to make that king size quilt!

2 comments:

Saska said...

I didn't even start this one...not that I didn't want to, but I just couldn't start another knowing I wouldn't work on it full time.

Libby said...

Love your blocks! They look so sweet and so organized!
King sized!? Yikes! I'm shooting for a quilt thats lap sized..for the couch!