Saturday, July 30, 2011

Cuteness progress report

Haven't joined the blocks of the outer border yet but here it is so far.  I love this modified spool block.  It's amazing how much work these little 4" things are, though. 

It is my aim to have enough small Christmas quilts to decorate this holiday season.  I want to take down the ones hanging up now (back hallway, den, main hallway, master bedroom, sewing room, computer room/guest room) and substitute Christmas themed pieces.  I never took down the quilts on permanent display before during the holiday season, mostly because I didn't want to have to store them and they were some of the prettiest ones I had made.  But the whole house needs to be festive.  And I should make some more table runners too.  This is the time to concentrate on these projects, when I've got 4 or 5 months to finish them. 

3 comments:

Pieces of Cotton said...

Have you heard anything about when Sew Be It will be back in business? I found something showing the replacement building, but nothing to give me an estimated date of opening.

The Calico Quilter said...

In answer to the above comment, Sew Bee It is reopened as of August 1. What a relief; we don't have any other quilt shops here. I visited yesterday and while their stock is not back to their previous level (which was amazing) they have a good selection of merchandise and they are open for business, which is great. The repaired building is nice too.

Robyn said...

I just happened across your blog and it's lovely. You've done some very nice quilts. I like just north of Chattanooga so I think I must be close to you.