Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I'm soooooo needy.....

Did you ever get on the scale right after you exercised, even though you know your weight will partly reflect water loss due to perspiration and be artificially low, because you needed the affirmation?

Oh, yeah.

Ok, I've tortured myself for requisite hour, time to get back to mending. Three pair of pants to hem (one of them jeans, oh joy) and darts to be added to the front of a pair of khakis so they fit better in the waist. Which leads me to one of my eternal questions. . .when did clothing manufacturers forget how to do darts? And when did they decided women were built shaped like cylinders? If I had a nickel for every pair of pants with gaping waistbands and sleeveless tops with saggy baggy armholes that I've tried on, I'd be a richer person. The bust dart went the way of the dodo a long time ago, but now I've noticed that they are not adding waistline darts either.

Not to mention the inseam length for Amazons that you find on most pants. Good thing I can sew.

3 comments:

Saska said...

Hey..I'm one of those Amazons that complain that the pant lengths are too short! I need a 38" inseam and there just ain't any!

catsinger said...

...I, on the other hand need,"petite" lengths...25/26...more than that & I end up stepping on them... I don't sew & need to go to the dry cleaners & pick up the "mending" I left, sigh... it's always something...

Elaine Adair said...

Yeahhhh - and when was the last time you saw a properly made buttonhole - can't even remember the name - the one where you insert a little cord and wrap fabric around it on both sides of the hole... ?????

No one/ uhhh few people know how to do any of those things any more and now I've forgotten the name -- Bound buttonhole?

I agree - you can't even FIND properly fitting clothing any more! NOt even on "What NOT to Wear" - even they have dorky clothing, with enormous price tags!