Wednesday, May 29, 2013

225 square inches of gorgeous color

Oh, I am getting very fond of making these little quilts.  Nearly instant gratification!  This one isn't quite so little, 15" square, and has batting and a regular binding, unlike the ones for the teddy bears.  What you can do with some leftover charm squares and batting, and a couple of fat quarters!

I found those jewel tone charm squares and knew immediately what I wanted to do and love how it turned out.  You can't really see the machine quilting, but the wine thread follows the zigzag lines in the Courthouse Steps blocks.

Now to find an appropriate display spot for a while - until I launch into another one, of course.  

P.S. - you're going to laugh, but I made another smaller one for the bears!
Here they are on the corner of my desk.  This one's just 10 inches square.

No comments: