Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Sometime it works, sometime it doesn't. . .

.   .   .and sometimes it's "What was I thinking?"

In my quest to finish all my UFOs, my next project was a quilt made from the Panier de Fleurs line using a Carrie Nelson pattern.  I didn't want to use a plain border so I concocted this variation on the center blocks:
 I thought it was rather clever, until I made the first row of border blocks and laid it out on the floor.  Then it hit me just how wrong it was.  In conception it made sense, on EQ it looked good.  In person - ugh.

So I sat down at the computer this morning and tried to come up with a use for the navy blocks I had made. First I put them alternating with the grey blocks:

 Not bad, but it still didn't hit the mark.  I checked how much of the grey print and red solid I had left, and drew up a very simple border:
This works well.  It's not cutesy and it's not clever but it works.  So I'm powering ahead trying to get this done in the next few days.

I'll figure out something to do with the navy blocks later - don't know what yet.

Yikes, I just made another UFO!

No comments: