Monday, October 15, 2012

New Quiltville mystery coming soon

Bonnie Hunter has been tantalizing us with comments about the upcoming mystery starting the day after Thanksgiving.  She will post the fabric requirements and colors at the end of October.  I can't wait!

No matter how many other projects in the works I HAVE to do the Quiltville mystery.  They're simply the most intricate quilt mysteries published and they are always intriguing and rewarding,  Even when I have made small tweaks to the design (strings?  Not moi!) they work out great and garner lots of compliments.  I'm already thinking about colors for this one, and am hoping it is in the brown/orange/green/red autumn palette.  Or pink and brown because I want one badly;  every time I make a predominantly pink and brown quilt I give it away.  I think pink, brown, cream and a little mossy green for an accent.  If the colors don't work for the mystery there's a pink and brown quilt in "Scrap Basket Surprises" I'm going to have to make.

But please, no black.  And I've used so much blue recently I hope it isn't blue either, although that's my favorite color.  But whatever the color scheme, I'm in!  

No comments: