Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Where is all this red coming from?

I just finished piecing this little quilt.  Me.  The person who doesn't like red.  What is going on with me?

I never was a big red fan, don't wear it and don't decorate with it (I think a red room would raise my blood pressure and get on my last nerve) but recently I've been making a lot of quilts featuring red.  Not as much as this one, though.  It's red in a big way.

It's a mini version of the quilt I made for my nephew's son two years ago.  That one was more red/white/blue/gold, this one is red/brown/tan/teal/ivory.  That pattern stuck in my head and when confronted with charm packs of "Friendship Collection for a Cause" I knew I had to go for it.  Luckily, I had that red yardage in the closet that blended very well.

Next I want to make a mini version of the one I sent to my nephew's younger daughter.  I loved all the quilts I sent to them, but don't want to make a second one in full size.  These little quilts will do just fine!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I think this is gorgeous.