Monday, March 5, 2012

Little sis

After I decided to give this quilt to my sister in law for her birthday:
I decided I liked it so much I would miss it and wanted to make something else in that pattern and fabric, but I didn't want to tackle another large quilt.  So I found a couple of charm packs of the "Etchings" fabric and made nine pinwheel blocks for this wall quilt, its' litter sister.  Here it is pinned together on my design board: 
I"ll assemble it after I complete the binding on the gift quilt in the next few days.  The large quilt is set on point but this small version was better in a straight set because it showed the pinwheel blocks better.  Side setting triangles in the gray fabric were too overpowering on the smaller blocks.

Sherry Meyer did a magnificent quilting job on the gift quilt as usual.  I'll post pictures of the pretty design as soon as it's bound.  By the way, Sherry's got my Orca Bay to quilt right now.  I can't wait to see how it looks.

2 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

Isn't that Etchings fabric line wonderful? I am using the beige with the letter written on it for the background of my Baltimore Christmas quilt. The right side was a bit too dark so I have flipped it over and am using the 'other right side'. *smile*

Julie said...

What is the pattern on this?