Sunday, January 8, 2012

It's done (yay!)


It's finally done!  I'm in the middle of stay-stitching the edge but had to stop for a while because I'm tired of wrestling this stretchy quilt.  I must say, this is a pretty design although a difficult sewing job because of all those bias edges and string blocks.  But, it's done!

Pretty much done, to be exactly honest.  I'm still deciding whether to add a narrow gold border on the outside or perhaps a solid border of the fabric which inspired the color scheme.  It would be nice if the quilt were a little bigger. This is a decision that can be postponed for now.  I'll make the backing and binding and put it away for a while.

And, inspired by the colors, the name of the quilt is "Butterscotch Drops, Starlight Mints and Cinnamon Red Hots". 

3 comments:

Andee said...

It is beautiful! Nice work, and way to keep up with it!

Julia Graber said...

I really like the modifications you made to your Orca Bay. Now it makes me want to change out my blue & red centers in the Ohio Stars.

Tanya said...

That is such a fantastic quilt!!! I love the colors and how it sparkles! It really is an eye catcher! Bias? Yuck, I have enough trouble keeping a quilt from warping on just straight edges. Good for you!