Friday, December 16, 2011

Count your blessings

A member of one of my Yahoo quilting groups is going through some very tough medical issues.  Some of the group have banded together to make a quilt for her, and I continue to marvel at the love and selflessness manifested by a group of people who have probably never met face to face, and how readily they commit to  supporting one of their own.  It proves again what I have seen many times - quilters are some of the most generous and thoughtful people you would ever want to meet.

This also prompts me to sit down and evaluate just how lucky I am.  Sure, I have health issues (and my husband has some that are more difficult to live with) but we are sitting here warm, dry, well fed, safe and relatively financially secure.   And that's a lot of blessings to be grateful for.

As Christmas approaches, those of us that are on the lucky side of the coin toss should give thanks that we are OK.  These sorts of things get buried in the back of our thoughts during the holiday hubbub, but we should never lose sight of all the good in our lives and be cognizant of how fleeting our good fortune can be.

3 comments:

momtofatdogs said...

AMEN

Me and My Stitches said...

You are so right. I was just thinking along those same lines yesterday. We have so much to be thankful for.

Tanya said...

How very, very true. We lose sight of how blessed we are until we have lost that blessing. This year too, we are in good health and I am enjoying my quilting time. Nothing could be better!