Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A finish, including a little backtracking

Just finished putting the last side of the border on this one this morning. If you wake up at 5:30 and can't go back to sleep, you can get SO much done! LOL

It is "Opening Day" designed by Carrie Nelson. The backtracking reference was due to the fact that I sewed one outer border on upside down and had to rip it out and fix it today. The hourglass blocks at the ends were supposed to be oriented pointing toward the corner and I reversed them on one side. Can't figure out why I didn't see it at the time. Brilliant, just brilliant.

7 comments:

Elena said...

wonderful!!!!!

The Calico Quilter said...

Thank you, Helena. That pattern is visually interesting but it's a snap to put together. All it requires is patience (all those flying geese blocks!).

Paula, the quilter said...

I sometimes don't see a mistake until I take a picture so I've started taking pictures during the process. An added bonus is that I can take a b&w photo and check the value placement.

Linda said...

Well, you know me..you've helped me catch my mistakes in the past. At least it wasn't quilted yet. I've caught mistakes after the quilting and I'm so OCD, I had to take out the quilting and fix it and requilt. This one is lovely! Great job!

Decca said...

Gorgeous! I'm in the process of an actual sewing assignment. Which, considering I don't sew, is going to be interesting. Some dear friends (who are Jewish) are getting married in six months and have asked various important people in their lives to create panels for their chuppa. (The wedding canopy.) They're going to sew these panels together to create a one-of-a-kind, customized canopy. I can't wait to get started.

Elaine Adair said...

Oh my, how lovely this is! So very pretty.

joe tulips said...

ouch....it hurt thinking about all that seam ripping. It turned out beautiful in the end though!