Friday, May 14, 2010

Quilt in a box

When we changed over to internet service from the cable provider, the new cable modem came in a lovely little box that I immediately scrounged onto for quilt stuff storage. It's nice white cardboard, 9" x 11", and has a flap that locks in place. It has become "Quilt in a box".

Since I'm into making small projects recently, it is just the right size to store all my cut out patches and blocks while I'm working. I use removable tape to affix an EQ drawing of the project on the outside: and store a picture of the block with the patches inside:
Very cool! I wish I had a dozen of these boxes to round up all my projects, which are currently PIZs (Project in Ziplock Bags) not PIGS (Projects in Grocery Sacks). These would stack so nicely on the closet shelf.

5 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

In this area they sell a lot of Joe Corbi products as a fund raisers. Those boxes are perfect storage for all kinds of things and look very similar to your modem box. I started covering mine with fabric - makes me feel oh, so crafty!

Deanna said...

I use shoe boxes. You might also call a local cable or phone-type company and see what they do with their boxes after installation? It might work.

Linda said...

I use pizza boxes-new ones of course...I like the large ones and if you go in and ask for one at your Pizza place they will sell them to you cheap or give them to you...I do the same thing as you. I print a copy out of the project in the box and tape on the front and store finished blocks, fabric, pattern, templates, etc. ready for use. It's a big time saver...

free indeed said...

Very nice idea! I think I must have a sickness when it comes to reusing stuff and I'm a sucker for boxes...never know when you'll need a box just that size for gift giving. THis idea has given me more inspiration to turn those really nice boxes into something useful besides waiting for the perfect gift....:0 Clean white....always so neat....

catsinger said...

...hope you enjoy the cable internet... I LOVED mine & would still happily shell out $45 per month for it if I had a job & could afford it... when I find a decent job & can afford it, it will be the first thing I add[cable internet], even before TV...