Monday, October 26, 2009

Debbie Mumm Christmas Sampler 2008

I just got this one bound and had to show it off. I don't usually particularly care for Debbie Mumm designs, a little too country/cutesy for me, but this sampler was fantastic. I'll be very happy to display it this Christmas.Here's a little close-up of Sherry's quilting work: she did holly in the sashing and the border, and quilted each block according to what worked for it, with outline/meandering/patterns. It's just lovely. I hope she doesn't mind I added a link to her blog - she might get inundated with work!


3 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

That is so very Debbie. I remember using a line of her fabric in a donation quilt many years ago, so I got up close and personal with the colors she favors. Very similar to Thimbleberries colors. Good job, it looks great.

Reenie said...

Oh....I SWEAR I just looked at that last night and swore I was going to start it right after the holiday! LOVE it!

Vickie said...

aw I love it.I made this myself last year but did not finish it in time for christmas but mine will be out this year..I didn't use Debbie Mumm fabrics but stayed with the country kinda colours,cheers Vickie