Sunday, September 13, 2009

Contents: one quilt. Just add...

...time, thread, patience, pressing, inspiration, batting, worry, aggravation, sewing, bobbin-threading, concentration...and fun!

Quilt kit ready to sew, with all cutting and marking for HSTs complete. This one, I got smart and put a photo of the completed pattern in the package. I hate to admit that I've pulled out one of my home-made quilt kits before that had been in storage for a time and didn't have this critical piece, and couldn't remember how the blocks went together. Just another senior moment.

5 comments:

momtofatdogs said...

It ain't a senior moment. I do it too!

Sam in middle TN

Linda said...

Great idea. I put kits together and stick the pattern in with them. I put some together a while back and didn't put the pattern in and I had a senior moment too. I could not remember what pattern I had bought the fabric for. I thought and thought and thought. After about a week of thinking on it....I finally realized and remembered what it was and where the pattern was. Oh my, I thought I was going crazy! See, you are not the only one...hugs, Linda
Hugs, Linda

Greenmare said...

I think it's called a 'quilters moment'

Tanya said...

Very smart idea!

julieQ said...

Hee!! This sounds so, so familiar. I often cut things out, and when I get back to sewing it together, well, I can't remember what I was doing, exactly...I have started making one block as a pattern for my future self! Looks like you are pretty organized to me!