Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Sisterhood Award

Once again, I am reminded of the generosity and kindness of the quilting blogging community. Paula, The Quilter, has nominated me for the Sisterhood Award.

Until this happened, I was unaware of what it was. Then I did some research. It is a blogger's recognition of, in the words of the award, great attitude and/or gratitude.

The Sisterhood award rules are as follows:
1. Put the logo on your blog or post
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude!
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog

That got me to thinking. All the bloggers I regularly read show so many positive characteristics. They are talented, funny, generous, humble, and most of all, helpful and caring. They represent a great group of women. I would have considered myself lucky if I had met a couple of them in offline life. Here, I get to read about and communicate with an interesting and far-flung bunch of wonderful people. It's one of the most appealing aspects of blogging

It also makes it hard to choose just a few to recognize with the award. So, I'm going to diverge from the rules just a little. To all the bloggers with whom I regularly interact: You are all winners of the Sisterhood Award. A good place to start identifying them is the Blogs of Note list on the left margin. But there's more, many more. And I hope you know who you are.

Everyone's blog enriches me in some way, different from each other. Some of you are remarkable writers, who share stories from their lives and transport me to different states and different countries. Some are inspiring quilters, stretching my imagination and creativity. Some are tremendous wits, whose daily recountings enliven my mornings and make me giggle over my cereal bowl. Some are talented photographers, posting photos that enthrall. Many are all of the above. And all of you are great people, always willing to offer information and instruction, advice and comments.

Here's to you, all of you.

No comments: