Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The quilting gods are not on my side

I was all set to go to the local Project Linus chapter meeting today, when my husband's dentist called and moved his appointment from Wednesday to Tuesday. The dentist's office is about a 2 hour drive from us, so that kills my plans for this afternoon. By the time we get back it will be too late to go. Oh, well. Maybe next month.

My local chapter has not had regular meetings. There were two last year (one of which she forgot to invite me!) and then nothing. This year, she is trying to be more organized and has set up a standing meeting for the last Tuesday of every month. She has an activity room at a local retirement center reserved (that seemed funny, but maybe an active member lives there) so that we can meet and work together. I am looking forward to the next one, even though I am not a group person. I don't think I will try to take my sewing machine, perhaps just my rotary mat and and supplies to cut out a simple pattern, or some fleece for blankets to fringe or edge.

On other fronts, I completed the Debbie Mumm Christmas Sampler from last year's BOM. When I started to assemble the final block, I found there was not enough of one fabric, necessitating a web search. I finally found it and finished the sampler top. I'll post a picture tomorrow when I can get it up on the design board. It's pretty cute and will be a good holiday decoration for the hall quilt hanger.

I am also trying to figure out how to hang the teacup applique quilt, now that it's back from Deb. I never posted a picture, did I? (Just realized that!) As soon as possible, that will go up too. I'm trying to find a quilt hanging rod with brackets that don't project too far from the wall, since it will be on the back hall near the door. I haven't bound the quilt yet and want to attache the top of the hanging sleeve into the binding with one seam. Without the rod, I don't know how big to make the sleeve. Any suggestions on quilt hanging systems for a 60" wide quilt?

No comments: