Thursday, January 1, 2009

Quiltville mystery update

Well, I've finished 100 of the 120 units for part 1, and have cut out all the patches for part 2. I had to go scrappy on the brown although I didn't want to. My stash isn't made up of a lot of yardage, more small pieces and fat quarters and leftovers, so there wasn't enough of any one brown in the right tonal family. I'm sure scrappy will be fine. And it's nice to make the whole thing from stash. I'm hoping she doesn't publish part 3 very soon, because I can't see having the first two done before Sunday.

I still have to dismantle and store my Christmas village, and have to shop for fabric for the brother-in-law's wedding gift quilt. I was all ready to cruise the fabric stores today but they were all closed. Bummer! Don't they realize that there are wives of football nuts out there ready to start a new quilt for the new year? (Not me, my husband is not a sports fan, thank heavens!)

All the indoor and outdoor Christmas decorations with the exception of the village are in boxes in the middle of the garage floor, but they can't go into the garage closet until the boxes that hold the village pieces are taken out of it. This mystery quilt came at exactly the wrong time, but it was something I wanted to try, so c'est la vie. All the boxes in the garage aren't impeding parking the car so it won't kill me to step around the Christmas decorations for a few days.

Addendum: I have finished the 120 square in a square blocks for part 1, and all the patches are cut out for part 2, but I'm going to wait and see what part 3 brings because, frankly, I can't do any more square in a squares right now. Whatever part 3 is, it's bound to provide a little diversion until I can stand to face more of those corner triangles and trimming.

2 comments:

Linda C said...

You get points just for perservering through the countless SqnSq's. I look at them and wonder if you cut them in half and make flying geese out of them for stars or some such thing.

julieQ said...

Oh how neat that you are doing so well! I have the first part cut out, and will put it together next day off...can't wait to see what it looks like, can you??