Friday, December 19, 2008

Rain rain go away!

Man, I need a change in the weather. We've had over 7 inches of rain in the last two weeks or so. The sun just came out a little. I hardly recognized it.

The cookie distribution is completed. I didn't post a picture of ALL the cookies and fudge we made and gave away. The photo posted a few days ago of choc chip and spritz was made in the middle of the spritz baking and didn't include several flavors, as well as the oatmeal scotchies. And the fudge picture was after some had been removed from the containers for packing. Trust me, there was a LOT of cookies and candy passing through the house. We ate almost none of it. After candy-making and baking for three days straight I couldn't even look at it. This morning I ate a couple of chocolate chips for breakfast, and a piece of peanut butter fudge last night as I watched tv.

I feel like all I have done in the last week is package and mail presents, bake, and chase around on errands. I was out and about twice today just getting my hair cut (my stylist had a time mix-up and I had to go back later in the day) and mailing boxes. Two trips to the post office in one day. Also two trips to the Ace Hardware, where I found the most adorable Christmas tree ornaments in the shape of power tools - drill and circular saw and router - for my woodworking brother.


Of course my husband loved them so I had to go buy a second set for us.

They joined the antique radio, and Santa's pipe, and the kitten asleep in the Christmas stocking....



...and the snowman with the huge pipe, and our latest acquisition, the Sock Monkey...



...to call our tree eclectic is an understatement.

Still, it looks beautiful when the lights are on and the room is dim...

5 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

Isn't it just amazing how the right light pulls a tree together? I love the "unplanned" look of your tree. It's the kind of tree that draws you in to look at each of the ornaments.

Paula, the quilter said...

Love those ornaments. We have some oddball ones that have been given to us. The problem I have found is that they are heavy as in ceramic and a branch can not withstand the weight. I have, in the past, put them under the tree, but then they get covered up with gifts.

Chris Daly said...

More ornaments for my husband's wish list! I'm having so much fun looking at your Christmas decorations

Catherine Jones McClarin said...

Where did the kitty ornament come from? It is precious!

Tanya said...

What great ornaments for your brother! I wish I'd find some like that for my brother too! He is sort of a handy man.