Saturday, December 20, 2008

The checkered tale of a quilting book

Some of you might remember several days ago I posted a request to find a book of Christmas applique patterns. Through the inter-library loan program, my local library finally located a copy and I picked it up today. As it turns out, kind offers to copy pages from the book wouldn't have helped because the patterns were on large pull-out sheets in the back (which, wonder of wonders, were still with the library book. What are the odds of that?)

The pages I thought I needed, which I had determined applied to the patterns I wanted from looking at the Table of Contents on Amazon, would only have given me fabric requirements and a layout for the borders (I wasn't even going to use the borders). So, when I finally got the book in my hands I hied myself to the Kinko's and copied the 22" x 31" pattern sheets. Now, I can cut them apart for each block and scan them, and probably enlarge them - there are some teeny tiny applique pieces on these things.

Thanks to the people who looked for the book for me. No people are more helpful than the quilting community.

I don't think anyone should be holding their breath waiting to see results. This is going to be a queen size quilt, all hand appliqued. It might take years.

No comments: