Sunday, November 9, 2008

I love connectingthreads.com

Connectingthreads.com has to be my favorite quilting supply site right now, because of their great kits and even greater prices. I'm not usually a kit buyer, but I have been known to browse the kits for sale on many websites to get inspiration. Well, recently it's been "Inspiration nothing, I want THAT kit!" The price doesn't hurt either --- and if you can get them on closeout, well, that's a deal too good to pass up.

This is my latest. It's a small wall quilt, 24" square. I love the colors, and have decided that once I quilt it, this beauty will grace my coffee table. The fabrics are just wonderful, that feather print especially so.
The 6 inch blocks are a challenge to your piecing accuracy. I found that I was measuring and trimming each unit, especially the half square triangles, because even 1/32" adds up if you're working small. But, challenging or not, you have to love the instant gratification that a small quilt brings.

2 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

OMGosh - that's where I got my latest stuff .. including the blade sharpener, 2 kinds of batting, and scissors leash ...

I just love all their stuff, and have REALLY been tempted with the Schoolhouse Kit! Lord, keep me strong, I do NOT need more STUFF!

Your kit is so cute and warm and homey. We are all a captive market aren't we?

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That is a pretty quilt - I love the fabrics. While I like to make unique quilts - something everybody else doesn't have, sometimes the pattern designer just comes up with a perfect quilt that says "me" and I just go with it. Why change perfection?