Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Latest project

This is a terrible picture, taken on my office floor, and the colors are a little off, but this is my latest piecing completion. It's a pattern from the Better Homes and Gardens Quilt Sampler, Fall/Winter 2008, and it's 42 inches square. It looks rather different that the magazine quilt, even though it's red/white/blue like theirs, because I used a floral in the outer border. I am pleased to note that this is 100% stash - nothing purchased. It also contains some of my 21 year old blue print!

Oh, and I incorporated a peeper! Since many of my quilts are done by a longarmer using a panto pattern, I had never added one of these small piping trims before. It's right there at the outer edge of the thin inner border. It's so small that you barely see it.

I hope my longarmer can quilt all-over stars, because that will perfectly finish this patriotic-colored wall quilt.

1 comment:

Marla said...

You may think it's a poor photo but it's a great quilt!!!!!