Thursday, July 10, 2008

Do-over

I talked about how I wasn't happy with my February Hearts A Flutter block. After photographing all the blocks a few days ago, I resolved that now was the time to fix it. Because I would one hundred times rather make a new thing than try to work over an existing thing, I made a whole new block. I fixed the stem width and fabric choices I wasn't happy with, and made the arrow points a little better. Improvement? You decide.

Original block:
Replacement block:
I personally think the replacement is much better!

3 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

Like the new one. The contrast is much better.

Paula, the quilter said...

The arrows are much nicer on the new one.

Brenda said...

Looks great to me! I just took an applique class and the teacher brought in some of her work and was showing us a block similar to this, and said that she finds that particular style with the bars or stems going to the flowers a challenge to get straight. I am loving the applique but it is a little hard for me. Your blog is helping me. Thanks!