Thursday, May 1, 2008

I'm weak.........

and I can't be trusted in the fabric store. I finished the Meadowbrook baby quilt (sorry, no pictures yet) and headed out to the quilt shop to deliver it to the longarmer. What I didn't know was she was out of town for a funeral, so that didn't happen. But, in the meantime, I was in the clutches of temptation.

So, there I was wandering around the shop, swooning over the new fabrics. Arranged artfully on a park bench (did I say that their shop is so yummy and tempting?) were bolts of Robert Kaufman's "Metamorphosis" line. Now, I'm not generally a butterfly person (I lean toward dragonflies, which fascinate me). But these matched the colors in my living room so perfectly I had to take a look. And of course my brain spun off a design suggestion. Remember my
Project Linus owl quilt, where I alternated plain blocks with sashed "fussy-cut" owl patches? The butterflies would be perfect for this treatment. So of course I had to get some. See for yourself, isn't it wonderful?

Then, the owner called my attention to the new batiks. Batiks were something I had never used, or even bought. But, standing before that glowing shelf of beautiful batiks, I realized that they were the perfect fabric to use with the Winner's Bouquet templates. So I bought some. I know, I know. I have a problem.


2 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

Hi, I'm Paula and I'm a fabricholic. But I refuse to join a 12 step program for fabric *s*.

Mad about Craft said...

I am also beginning to have a problem with buying stash as well!!

I haven't been quilting long and I am already thinking about the next but ine quilt and looking at fabric for them!