Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sunbonnet Sleuth mystery quilt

Just finished Jean Ann's latest mystery and it is cute!  Had you ever thought of combining flying geese strips with courthouse steps blocks?  I hadn't, and what a good idea it is.  She was nice enough to review my fabrics before I committed to them, and save me from questionable choices.  I'd been waiting for something to use this Michael Miller giraffe print, and had all the colors to coordinate in my stash.  Now, if I could just quit starting new projects I could get it quilted......

Still assembling the Scrap Happy group's June mystery.  I added snowball corners on the plain blocks, using the border print from which the colors where chosen.  Here's a look at a few blocks, not joined yet:
This will make another great donation quilt.  I wish I enjoyed the quilting as much as the block construction;  heck, I wish I was nearly as good at quilting as at sewing, then I could finish some of these for Project Linus.  My machine quilting is only marginal and I dread starting to quilt something that I spent time on, afraid I will botch the job.

No comments: