Saturday, June 23, 2012

Baby quilt

Boy, I'm stretching to find a baby to make a quilt for.  I just finished one that will go to my brother-in-law's wife's niece's baby.  I've only met the niece once, at my brother-in-law's wedding, but I love to make crib quilts and no one close to me is having babies.  The only possibility is if my younger nephew gets married and settles down to start a family, and that doesn't appear to be likely, at least not soon.  Don't wait too late, dearie!

Here's a photo of the quilt for baby Rory, front and back:

The design on the back isn't so much from creativity as from lack of fabric, but it's cute.  

I hope Mama and baby enjoy the quilt.

Addendum:  I just found out from my brother in law that the baby's name is spelled "Rori".  Oops, have to change the label.  Supposedly, "Rory" is for a boy and "Rori" is for a girl.  Actually, I've never seen a girl named Rori before.  The only Rory I ever heard of is Rory Calhoun.  There, now that I've proved how old I am.......

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I love the front AND the back of this darling baby quilt. Nice job!