Friday, January 20, 2012

Amusing myself with a couple of charm packs

Nothing special, just a table topper. I'll join the rows and add borders in the morning. If I had been thinking further ahead I would have saved all the red charm squares to make the flying geese.  I might do this one again in a slightly larger scale (these hourglass blocks are 3"; the inside of the quilt will be 36" square).  I would like to use all red for the flying geese and autumnal colors for the hourglass blocks.

OR....ooh, I just had a brain flash.  I bought a piece of this rose background paisley from Moda's "Luna Notte" recently.  I pulled out a stack of coordinating pieces from my stash, rose to maroon, tan, brown and blues but hadn't decided on a pattern.  How about rose/red for the flying geese, tan/brown/blue for the hourglass blocks,this print for the center squares in the intersections and the border?  Cool!.

No comments: