Friday, December 23, 2011

Quiltville mystery step 6

...and a day early.  Thank you, Bonnie Hunter, for posting the next step of the mystery quilt on Thursday so we could get our sewing done before the Christmas Eve crazies hit.  And here it is the result of my work today:
I've got some ideas where those red string block triangles and gold/shirting triangles made in previous steps are going to go, but I mostly hope that the next step incorporates some of the third color, which is green in my case.  The red and gold are beautiful, but I was initially thinking about a red/green quilt and would like a bit more green in the mix.  In the meantime a comment from my step 5 photo that the golds reminded the viewer of butterscotch has given me a name for this quilt, with its buttery golds, reds and light greens:  Butterscotch and Peppermints.

5 comments:

Tanya said...

This is going to be a gorgeous quilt with all the gold and red!

Leeanne said...

Oh, I like these! really nice on the eyes.

Béa said...

Gorgeous blocks & colours.

Linda said...

Lookin' good! So pretty.

TDJ said...

I love the buttery colors in this photo.