Hooray! My Juki TL98E is back from the repair shop! It's humming along like nothing ever happened. The timing had gotten out of adjustment, so it was an easy fix. And it got a thorough cleaning and oiling, so it's good as new. Not cheap - they're minimum charge for a fix is $98 - ouch - but great to have it home. I used it this afternoon putting together the backing for my QCA mystery quilt, the large one. And I mean LARGE. 100" x 100". I tried to photograph it and had to push back the furniture in the living room and lay it out on the floor. And then couldn't get a good picture. Here is the best one:
And an enlargement showing a portion of the sashing and border.