Sunday, July 17, 2011

Addendum - why was I up so early?

I didn't mean to get up and start sewing at 6:30.  But at 6 a.m., I was awakened by the sound of a lawn mower, a large riding mower that was very loud indeed.

I looked at the clock and winced.  Who in the world was mowing this early?  I looked out the window at the head of the bed, and across the street a rider on a John Deere mower was industriously tackling the soccer field behind the local grade school.  It was barely light enough to see where he was mowing. 

AND IT WAS SUNDAY MORNING!  AT 6 A.M.!

OK, I feel better now.  Just had to vent a little.

I shot off an email to the school board member responsible for that grade school emphasizing that I was not happy about this state of affairs.  He can pass it on to the maintenance department.  And if he doesn't answer me that he did run down the person whose bad idea that was, he's going to get more email from me - until he does.

No comments: