Sunday, May 15, 2011

Can you tell me where to get this tape?

Take a look at this picture: See the tape that is marking the ruler? It's translucent plastic and clings to the ruler without adhesive (kind of like the old Color Forms toys). I had a roll of it that I used it for years to mark cutting lines and alignment points and such on my rotary rulers. Now that I have used all of it, I can't remember where I bought the stuff or what it is called. I can't even remember if it came from the fabric store or the office supply. What it is, I haven't a clue. I don't even know if it was originally meant to mark rotary rulers, but it worked perfectly for the job.

Does anyone know what this stuff is and where to buy it?


Suzan Oxenreider said...

I bought mine at Joann's in the quilting notion section a couple of years ago. I have it in pink, yellow and orange. If you cannot find, let me know and I will send you a roll.

Nancy said...

I don't know if this is the tape, but here are some links:

I have a package of the following vinyl strips that I use on my rulers.

I hope at least one of these links is helpful to you.

Linda C said...

As far as I know it is just 1/4 inch masking tape that they marketed for hand quilting. Then they put lines on it and called it "Tiger Tape" but I didn't try looking for a source yet as I still have a small bit on a roll.

momtofatdogs said...

OMNIGRID !!!! I saw it at a fabric store yesterday & racked my brain trying to remember who asked about it. It's called "glow-line" tape.I have some but it's SO OLD that it does not stick anymore....I googled it - pretty sure you can get it online faster than I could get it to you, though if you think I CAN get it to you quicker - holler & I'll go get it for you.


Katie said...

I have three colors from the quilting notions section in JoAnns. :-)