Friday, August 27, 2010

Trapped in hand-sewing Purgatory

What is this, you ask? It's nine, count 'em nine, quilts that need hand sewing on the bindings. I just picked up the latest from the longarm quilter today and applied the binding. Six of these quilts are gifts and two of the other three might also be given away, leaving me with this one, which I love for the colors. It's not that I don't love the other two also, but I have to be reasonable (or buy a bigger house). Probably shouldn't have done it but I totalled up the dimensions of all nine quilts, and I have 2780 inches of blind hemming to be done. Mercy.

3 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

mmm - I would buy a bottle of nice wine, plan something nice for lunch and call a sewing friend, put on a tape, etc. That's a bunch of binding -- if I was there, and you offered me lunch and wine, I would help you. 8-))) Too bad it's not winter and you could at least wrap them up around you as your sew.

joe tulips said...

Oh boy, lots of sewing. It would take me forever to get all that hand sewing done. Or maybe it is late and I am tired and it all looks so overwhelming! What a beautiful collection of quilts!

The Calico Cat said...

Ditto - all I can say is ditto. I brought one small one with us so that I could work on it in the hotel - I did a little in hotel, but most of the others are HUGE! So we are in the same boat.