Saturday, November 7, 2009

Does anyone know the name of this quilt pattern?

I need a little help. In 2008 I made this small quilt, copying a pattern I saw online. At the time, I didn't label it when it was done. Now, I'm catching up on labels and can't remember what the pattern was called. I want to credit the designer but I can't find it online anymore. Here's a closeup of the quilt. I think it's an old traditional block pattern, but I can't find the name.
I just searched through Barbara Brackman's exhaustive (and exhausting!) "Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns" but didn't find it - or maybe just went cross-eyed from all the little drawings and missed it. It is related to an Old Maid's Puzzle or a Jacob's Ladder block. There was another block called Spool and Bobbin that resembled it too.
Does anyone remember this pattern?

3 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Wish I knew but I KNOW one this - I love this quilt!

Paula, the quilter said...

Could it possibly be Mary's Triangles. There is an image at: http://www.sallyschneider.com/mary%27s%20Triangles.htm

Linda C said...

I thought for a minute that is was Buckeye Beauty which of course is similar to Jewel Box too. What did you finally end of up calling it?

Paula is right too that looks to be made up of smaller sections of Mary's Triangles.