Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Let's try that color selection again...

Quiltville mystery quilt. I loved the look of Bonnie's selected fabrics. Indigo? Check. Shirtings? Love it. Cheddar/gold accent? Perfect. Chocolate brown? Right-o.

Then I realized that I was going along on the pinks because her palette looked so well assembled and balanced, but I wasn't really feeling it. The more I looked at the blue centers and gold accent corner on those square in a square blocks, the more I didn't want to invite pink to the party. So.......
NO.
YES!
It's green! All these lovely yellow-y greens. Just the ticket to jazz up this design - whatever the heck it is. Thank goodness pink wasn't in the first set of blocks.

2 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

LOVING those greens! Can't wait to see the blocks.

Marla said...

I didn't have the time to join the fun on this one. I'm looking forward to watching your progression