Friday, November 7, 2008

Fig and Plum, again


I bought a Jelly Roll and a Layer Cake of Moda's Fig and Plum on sale (deeply discounted!), added 1/2 yard of a neutral from my stash, and have made two small quilts (42" square) with 30 Layer Cake squares left over! Now that's economy! The bindings, batting and backings will come out of my stash, too. The remaining Layer Cake squares will make 30 4" pinwheel blocks for a Project Linus quilt.

Oh, by the way - that little pieced border fought me like a tiger. Funny since the inner neutral border measured out exactly as designed, and I tried sooooo hard to be accurate on my seams in the outer pieced border. Well, I was adjusting all over the place to make the two come together. The pieced border on the other Fig and Plum quilt went together like a dream. Go figure.

1 comment:

Linda C said...

How pretty and how enterprising of you! Is this sharing some of the same fabrics as the quilt a couple of posts down?