Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Money money money ......

I crawled under the house with the termite company guy during the yearly inspection and what do I find? The water heater is leaking. So there's more money to be spent this summer. I don't have a clue what it will cost. The worst thing is, the darned water heater is under the house in the crawlspace, so you can't install a regular one, oh no, you have to buy a short squatty one that will fit in a limited headroom area. Rats.

You also can't get a bigger size because its diameter is limited by the width of the crawlspace door, which I found out the last time this happened about 10 years ago. I was hoping to install a larger water heater then to have more hot water capacity, but no such luck.

Boy, it just keeps on this summer. As I told my hair stylist yesterday, I feel like handing over my wallet and saying "Here, take what you want." Wouldn't you think an electric water heater would last more than 11 years? That's the service life we got out of the last two. My mom's gas water heater was installed at least 25 years ago and it's still going strong. What's the difference? Does everyone else get this length of service out of an electric water heater?

1 comment:

Three Birds Inspired said...

Don't say "rats" !! Under the house, you may regret that!!