Friday, June 6, 2008

Camouflage floor


Yep, that's a picture of my kitchen floor. My clean kitchen floor, I might add. I've been house cleaning today, and the reason I am treating you all to a picture of my clean floor is to identify for those of you perhaps in the market for new kitchen flooring the most crumb-camouflaging pattern ever manufactured. I am always astounded when I sweep the kitchen how many crumbs/thread snippets/cat fur bits that this pattern completely and utterly hides from view. There is something about the coloration and pattern of this stuff so that any little thing dropped on it absolutely disappears. Including pins. Oh, how I hate trying to find a dropped pin on this floor!

This is, of course, both a good and a bad thing. When I'm in the middle of a sewing project and don't want to clean, it's a good thing.

We bought the flooring because it matched the kitchen redesign. I didn't know it had magical powers of prestidigitation. Let's hear it for the crumb-hiding floor!

2 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

Great floor! My kitchen floor tile is white (God knows I didn't pick it!) and everything shows up. I sew in a room with beige carpet and pins disappear...until step on them!

Catherine Jones McClarin said...

This is eaxctly what I need - a floor that hides everything - and a dog to eat everything before I step on or in it. My cat does the opposite - he provides things to step on or in. Ick!