Sunday, May 4, 2008

Latest Linus quilt

Here's the latest Project Linus quilt. The border fabric came from thousandsofbolts.com and is printed with cakes, pies, ice cream and fruit. Since it had so many colors in the print, I could have gone any number of directions with the palette, but I decided to make a girly-girl quilt and used pink, fuchsia and green after I found the stripe for the border. All pinwheel blocks seemed too repetitive so I threw in a few Dutchman's Puzzle and Variable Stars blocks for zing. It was completed two days after I cut it out; it's very quick to make these little quilt tops. The mitered border took longer than anything!

I won't be able to quilt this until next week after my houseguests leave.

6 comments:

Deborah Levy said...

Love that quilt!

Marla said...

Really, really cute!

jacquie said...

Beautiful! Will definitely make someone happy!

Joan J said...

You need to be teaching a class in choosing colors for quilts! This is another stunning quilt and your color choice, as always, is right on!

Linda said...

All of your quilts look great...I love the dot-dash border on the Wild Thing. That just made that quilt! Your latest looks good too. You do very nice work and it will definitely make someone happy. It's ok to splurge and do your projects too. Don't feel guilty about starting new projects before you finish something else...You only live once, take the enjoyment while you can. We are quiltmakers not guiltmakers! Quilty hugs, Linda

Paula, the quilter said...

Another great quilt!