Here's the latest Project Linus quilt. The border fabric came from thousandsofbolts.com and is printed with cakes, pies, ice cream and fruit. Since it had so many colors in the print, I could have gone any number of directions with the palette, but I decided to make a girly-girl quilt and used pink, fuchsia and green after I found the stripe for the border. All pinwheel blocks seemed too repetitive so I threw in a few Dutchman's Puzzle and Variable Stars blocks for zing. It was completed two days after I cut it out; it's very quick to make these little quilt tops. The mitered border took longer than anything!
I won't be able to quilt this until next week after my houseguests leave.