A few days ago I talked about weeding the azalea border and how I was going to have to dig out all the weeds around my birdbath. In the spirit of "good fences make good neighbors" I decided that the short plastic border edging I was using just wasn't doing the trick and I needed to install a more substantial boundary between those things flowery and those things yard-y. So I did. OK, grass on one side, flowers on the other, everybody play nice!
You can still see weeds around the birdbath - haven't gotten to pulling them yet and the weather turned cooler so I will have to wait to plant anyway - but I defy any weedy, creeping thing to jump over those landscape timbers and infiltrate my azalea border!
However, this is truly an example of throwing money at the problem. I hired my lawnmowing guy and his son to install these things yesterday. I haven't gotten the bill yet, but I am steeling myself for the blow. The darned landscaping timbers are around $3.75 each and a metal stake to pin them into the ground costs more than a dollar. Plus labor, I'm thinking it's going to be a big ouch when I get the bill. But if it will save me from constant weeding, I'm willing to take the hit.