Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Super Tuesday Blahs

I try not to blog about divisive issues, but tonight I just can't help it. This day is about over, and thank goodness. From the moment this morning that I voted in our primary - not for the person I wanted to be the party nominee but for the person I least didn't want to be the nominee, it was all downhill. The oval I colored in on that ballot this morning has bugged me all day. It was a non-choice. I detested all the possibilities but felt duty bound to participate in the primary election. So I picked the candidate whose experience, background and platform was the least likely to make my head spin clear around like that girl's in The Exorcist.

Let me make that clear: I wasn't picking this candidate; I was NOT picking the rival candidates. Let's all contemplate that statement for a moment. How depressing can an election get?

1 comment:

Shelina said...

Really? This seems to be the first year where I wasn't trying to pick the lesser of two evils. I like all my choices, and am excited about the next four years for a change.