Saturday, January 26, 2008

It's not a lot to look at, but it's mine

I machine quilted the second Project Linus top to practice on since it's simpler and I wouldn't cry if I completely messed it up. It's not top quality but it's done. It kept trying to distort on me.

I started to use spray baste, but then I remembered an unfortunate incident with some quilted shams for my bed. The spray baste bled through the top fabric and stained it. Must have sprayed too much, but I was gunshy to try it again.

Oh, well. Live and learn. I have to wash it since Queen-of-all-she-surveys wallowed it good and proper before I could shoo her off. Cats are born quilt-testers.


Tanya said...

Hi. This is Tanya from TaniWa. Thanks for visiting. I'm sorry you had to read about my cat woes when you came to the blog for quilting. I really do quilt and I try to blog about some project or other regularly. Lemi is holding her own and my other cats are even vying for her intensive care box. They all seem to want a rest in the cat hospital.
Hope you'll come back and I'll have more interesting things to write about.

Linda_J said...

And it looks just fine! You think a child is going to criticize the quilting? No way. It will be well loved.

Actually, the simple lines accent the blank half of the large HSTs very well and the border lines work very well too. I often don't quilt my borders at all and sometimes wish I had gone through that step and other times I like to practice doing something like egg and dart or a simple cable if the rest of the quilt is pretty plain.

I've even done some hand quilting on plain alternating blocks if I felt like it. The idea is to have fun even if some things are a bit more labor intensive. My choice, after all!

Thanks for running by my place as well. Yep that Bias Bogey Man bit me but good. One of the Norma's suggested chunking them up into blocks and that is a possibility and said she would post a picture and/or email me a picture. I may play a bit in EQ to see what I might be able to salvage. ARGGGGGH!