The quilt top I started piecing on January 1 is finished. It is a rather uncomplicated traditional pattern, but with all the colors and prints in the scrappy fabric selection, it has a lot of movement and is quite pretty. It would be ready to take to the longarm quilter's shop tomorrow BUT there is a problem with the backing.
I am using Eleanor Burns' Through the Seasons Spring striped fabric on the backing. I had bought all that the shop had, and thought that I would have enough to sew together the backing (it involves matching a wallpaper stripe print). However, when I decided that this quilt was for my brother-in-law, I enlarged the quilt top. Now, I don't have enough for the backing. However, luck was with me. Heart of Dixie fabric shop in Alabama had more (on sale, no less!). Now I just have to wait for the order to be delivered. They're usually speedy. Hopefully, the quilt will be at the quilters by next Wednesday.
But there's no rest for the wicked. I just hauled out the fabric for my brother's quilt and started sewing!